How to Get Rid of Cellulite Fast?
Here at Xanadu Med Spa, Fort Collins, many of our clients come to us in the hopes that we can help them get rid of cellulite. We offer several treatments that can help with this, but we also recommend a number of natural life-style changes that can help also.
In this article, we will discuss the various treatments we offer, as well as the natural treatments you can combine with them for the strongest possible results.
What Is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a condition where dimples or lumps appear on the skin, usually developing on the legs, thighs, stomach, buttocks and arms. Many people refer to cellulite as orange peel skin because it leaves tiny bumps on the skin that is similar to the bumps found on an orange.
Cellulite forms when fat globules begin to develop underneath the surface of the skin. When this happens, it can push up on the body’s connective tissue, leaving bumps.
There are three different types of cellulite and the severity for each can range from relatively minor, to severe.
There are also a range of different factors that can cause the condition, including a poor diet, lack of exercise and various hormonal changes that can happen in the body, such as during puberty or menopause.
In most cases, cellulite begins to develop at a later age, but for some people, it can occur at any age. There is also an increased risk if people have a higher body fat percentage, as the condition is caused by fatty deposits.
It is worth bearing in mind that Cellulite is not harmful in any way physically, but for sufferers, it can be a major source of insecurity. Many women do not want to show their legs or arms if they suffer from cellulite, and this can have a serious effect on their mental health.
There are a number of causes of cellulite, such as:
- Reduced elasticity in the skin due to a lack of collagen production (this happens naturally as we age).
- Genetic factors.
- Poor quality diet.
- Fluid retention.
- Lack of hydration.
- Poor circulation (blood flow).
- Being obese.
- Changes in hormones like estrogen and cortisol.
- Lack of physical activity
Connections have been made between the levels of stress people are going through, and the chances of developing cellulite also. This is believed to be down to the increase in cortisol that someone might see when they are stressed. Stress also increases inflammation which is a major cause of increased signs of aging.
Stress and a poor quality diet can also effect your bodies level of collagen production, which is crucial in keeping your skin elastic and young. Collagen has been proven to play a big role in the development of cellulite, and this is why many professional cellulite treatments on offer address the body’s collagen production.
Xanadu Cellulite Removal Treatments – Cellfina & QWO
Here at Xanadu Med Spa, we offer a range of different cellulite treatments to clients of our med spa in Fort Collins and the Northern Colorado area. Our most popular treatment, the QWO cellulite reduction treatment, is an effective treatment proven to treat surface cellulite on the skin. Treatments only require an hour of your time and drastically reduce the appearance of cellulite. The treatment is quick and easy and requires very little down-time.
The QEO removal treatment is an FDA-approved injectable that has been shown to eliminate moderate to severe cellulite in just a couple of weeks.
Call us today at 970-591-7919.
Easy Cellulite Treatment
The treatment plan usually requires a client to undergo 3 separate treatments that are spaced around 3 weeks form each other. This mean the full results are realized within 3 months, leaving you with drastically reduced cellulite.
If you have important plan on the horizon, such as your wedding, this is a great option as it requires a lot less time than if you were to address your cellulite alone through a natural method. Paired with some of the natural methods we will talk about soon, you can optimize your treatment, providing incredible results in a short time.
No Need to Go Under The Knife!
Some cellulite treatments require you to undergo invasive surgery. While effective, these treatments can be rough on the patient and leave them with some scarring, as well as requiring a long period of downtime ot recover from the treatment.
QWO on the other hand, or our Cellfina treatment, both carry a shorter recovery period, with bruising fading within several days.
Often, the first round of treatment will leave you with the worse bruising, with each treatment after that showing a reduced level of bruising. There will be a lot less scarring, if any, too.
Minimal Pain, Minimal Downtime
The majority of our clients that have been through our QWO treatment report that during the few days downtime you may need after the treatment, it will feel like you had a hard workout the day before.
There will be some soreness and tenderness in the area but it is not normally enough to require time off work or interfere with your day to day life.
Many clients worry about the treatments they are researching and have some anxiety that needs to be addressed. Our estheticians are the best in the game, and they will sit down and discuss any questions you have and will put you at ease. They will never push you into a treatment, they will simply lay down their knowledge and explain the safety measures we have in place.
One of the main reasons we utilize the QWO treatment, is that it is the only injectable cellulite treatment on the market that is approved by the FDA.
Precise, Targeted Procedure
When you go into a QWO treatment, the esthetician who is administering the cellulite treatment will begin by locating the visible cellulite you wish to remove. They will do this while you are standing so that they can see how you look under normal gravirty.
When they have identified your trouble areas they will proceed with the procedure by injecting the QWO formula into the target areas.
Once these areas have been identified, your cellulite treatment can begin. The minimally invasive procedure will require the compound to be injected into your target areas, resulting in cellulite reduction.
Am I Eligible?
Under QWO medical guidelines you cannot have the treatment if:
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Have a disorder that affects blood clotting.
- Have an allergy to any of the ingredients in QWO (Your practitioner will help you with this).
This treatment is ideal for those that have either severe or moderate levels of cellulite as they results may not be as strong on mild cases.
Other Cellulite Treatments We Offer
Cellfina, for Smooth Results That Last
The second treatment that we offer to patients looking to get rid of cellulite, is the Cellfina treatment. This treatment utilizes a micro-blade to snip the fibrous bands that occur under thie surface. This treatment is carried out while your skin is numbed by lidocaine so you will not feel any discomfort.
While this procedure is more intense than the QWO treatment it works after a single treatment session and over 94% of patients who underwent the treatment were happy with their results over 12 months later.
This is one of most popular cosmetic treatments and allows for quick results with only one treatment. Cutting the fat cells means your cellulite will appear reduced and excess skin will look tighter.
How to Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally
Whether you choose to undergo treatment for your cellulite or not, the best way to ensure your cellulite is kept to the minimum, is to live a healthy lifestyle and control your diet. This provides long-term benefits that, combined with treatments like QWO and Cellfina, provide the best long-term results.
This is because many of the causes of cellulite are lifestyle factors.
Here are the top six all-natural ways to help reduce the appearance of cellulite:
1. Healthy Diet Changes
Getting rid of excess body fat is an easy way to help reduce the appearance of cellulite throughout the body. When you lose weight, there are less fat deposits in the body and this lowers the chance of developing cellulite.
Some of the top foods for decreasing or preventing cellulite are:
- Flaxseeds — Hormone changes are a leading cause of cellulite and flax helps module estrogen levels in the body. It also increases your body’s collagen production. Flaxseeds make a great addition to any smoothie for a quick treat.
- Hydrating foods — Dehydration has a negative effect on the skin and can negatively impact your collagen production. One good way to stay hydrated is to include hydrating fruits such as melon, citrus fruits, and berries.
- Digestive fiber – Your diet should have adequate levels of healthy fiber to help cleanse your colon. It also ensures your gut metabolism and hormones are balanced correctly. Fiber has also been proven to help reduce inflammation in the body, and this means less cortisol.
- Clean protein sources — Collagen production utilizes amino acids and other proteins, and this means getting enough high-quality protein in your diet is crucial. Many high-quality proteins, such as grass-fed beef and pastured eggs, contain a lot of collagen too, which can boost your body’s natural levels.
- Potassium-rich foods — Potassium plays an important role in flushing your body of excess fluids and toxins. This leads to healthier skin and improves collagen production.
- Healthy fats — The healthy fats found inside fatty fish like salmon promote healthy tissue and collagen production.
- Water — Drinking enough water is crucial when you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle as every single function in your body, from flushing out toxins to producing collagen utilizes copious amounts of water. Hydrated bodies produce healthier skin and age slower.
Try to avoid or reduce these foods, which may cause or worsen cellulite:
- Sugar — Too much sugar in the diet increases inflammation which in turn increases cortisol.
- Refined carbs — Refined carbs are metabolized by the body and turned into sugar, increasing inflammation.
- Food allergens — For some individuals, foods that are allergens can cause massive spikes in cortisol and inflammation in the body. Common culprits are casein and gluten.
2. Consume More Collagen
One of the best ways to get more collagen into the body, is to eat more foods that contain a lot of collagen. One of the best ways to do this, is through the connective tissue of grass-fed ruminant animals like cows and ox.
Collagen improves the skins elasticity and is an extremely important protein used for a number of functions.
One way that many people consume more protein, is through the consumption of bone broth as it contains glycine and proline, both compounds that make up collagen.
3. Take Anti-Cellulite Supplements
There are also a number of supplements on the market that can be taken to improve collagen production and reduce cellulite. Many of these supplements include ingredients that cannot be made by the body, making supplementation the only way to get them into the system.
- Bromelain and proteolytic enzymes — Bromelain and other enzymes that are similar have been proven to reduce inflammation in the body. They work by dissolving fat cell tissue.
- Kola — Kola is an extract that has been at the center of a number of studies on cellulite. When taken before bed-time this caffeine-free herb promotes relaxation at night, improving sleep quality, which is one way to improve the body’s collagen production. It has also been shown to improve the elasticity of the skin.
- Green coffee extract – This caffeine-based extract can stimulate your body’s circulation and massively boosts fat-burning.
Steady-state cardio has been proven to reduce body fat and can boost your metabolism, allowing the body to flush out fat cells more effectively. Interval training and HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) have also proven to be extremely effective at destroying fat in a short time span. The best thing about HIIT training is that the increase in metabolism lasts for over 24 hours after the training. HIIT training also increases your body’s muscle mass, and fuller muscles reduce the appearance of cellulite also.
The best way to combine these two forms of cardio is a plan that looks like this:
- Day One – 40-60 minutes of steady-state cardio at zone 2. Zone 2 is cardio at a pace where you can just about have a normal conversation while engaged in the activity. The best zone 2 cardio types are running/walking on an incline, rowing, exercise bike, and swimming.
- Day Two – 15-25 minutes HIIT. There are a number of HIIT workouts that you can access for free on youtube or you could attend a HIIT class at your local gym
- Day Three – Rest Day. Most of your bodies repair and muscle building happen on your rest day, not your cardio days. This makes your rest day the most important day of the three. Make sure. you consume adequate calories through healthy foods such as high quality carbs and proteins, as well as some healthy fats for hormone function.
While cardio is great for burning fat and losing weight, for the best results, you should combine a cardio plan with some level of resistance training, such as lifting weights.
Weight lifting is anaerobic, as opposed to cardio which is aerobic, and combining anaerobic workouts with aerobic workouts ensures your body is getting the best of both worlds.
Weightlifting has been proven to provide numerous benefits, such as improvements in testosterone levels for men, improved strength and muscle mass, and less pain in the body. In the case of cellulite, the more muscle you gain in your target area, the fewer fat cells there will be, and the result is firmer skin, with less cellulite.
We recommend the following plan:
- Workout 1 – Push Workout – On day one you will be working on your push muscles, which are your chest, triceps, and your shoulders. Do two exercises for each, for 3-4 sets, at a weight that means you only have one or two reps left in the tank at the end of the set. You should be able to complete every set at the weight you have chosen.
- Workout 2 – Pull Workout – On this day, you will be working the muscles that you use to pull, your biceps and your back. Follow the same rep and set schedule as workout one.
- Workout 3 – Abs and Core – Training a strong core allows you to build a foundation that helps every aspect of your life. Every motion you do, whether it be pull or push, requires your core to engage and by improving your core, your posture, strength, and overall health will improve massively.
Aim for workouts that last between about 20 to 40 minutes a day, and make sure you get a full rest day without any weightlifting in between each workout. If you are doing cardio on the days that you workout, we recommend doing cardio in the morning and weightlifting in the evening if possible. If that is not possible, begin with cardio before progressing to weightlifting.
5. Use Skin-Healing Essential Oils
Many of the commercial and prescription cellulite creams that may be offered to you contain some pretty nasty chemicals. What’s even worse, many of them are ineffective at getting rid of cellulite but still leave you with the nasty side-effects.
Some people have seen success by using natural products such as grapefruit essential oils to hydrate the skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite. This is because of the anti-inflammatory enzymes found inside grapefruit.
6.Lymphatic Drainage Massage
The final method that has been shown to reduce cellulite is a manual lymphatic drainage massage. This form of massage relieves the swelling of the lymphatic system, allowing your body to heal itself from blockages caused by illnesses, treatment or poor diet.
- Cellulite is the appearance of lumps on the skin caused by a lack of collagen and skin elasticity.
- Cellulite can occur for a number of different reasons, such as poor blood circulation through the body’s blood vessels, being overweight, hormonal changes, lack of elasticity, and collagen in the skin tissue.
- The best way to reduce cellulite is to maintain a healthy diet and body composition, paired with treatments like QWO and Cellfina.
- Employing HIIT workouts and steady-state cardio can also reduce cellulite.
Why Choose Xanadu Med Spa For Cellulite Treatments
We are proud to be Northern Colorados’ most prestigious health spa, utilizing only the most cutting edge treatments on the market to provide our clients with long-lasting results. Our treatments are carried out by the best estheticians in the field, ensuring you get the highest-quality treatment every time you step through our doors.
We offer a range of treatments, from anti-aging to fat loss and everything in between. Our goal is to help our numerous client achieve their goals, in a non-invasive manner that does not require surgical procedures.
We welcome all new clients who can take advantage of our free in-depth consultation. We will discuss your goals and craft a bespoke plan for your specific body type.
Top 50 Company To Watch – Silicon Review
We are proud to be recognized by the Silicon Review as a top 50 company to watch. This shows we are committed to pushing the boundaries of our craft.
Call us today to speak to one of our skilled estheticians and book a consultation at 970-591-7919.